photo : Mathilde Miossec
1) What is your relationship to sport, what place does it have in your life?
Sport holds a very important place in my life because it brings me physical and mental health. It's the perfect start to my day and it keeps me in balance and sane.
2) What sport(s) / sports activity(ies) do you practice regularly?
I practice mostly powerlifting. I was more into bodybuilding but swiftly switched to the powerlifting side so I guess you can call it "powerbuilding".
3) What does it bring you as a musician and in your everyday life?
Since I'm a singer, I really need to have my physical health in a good place because of how taxing it is to perform while running and jumping around. Hitting the gym helps me a lot to keep my lung capacity in check and it provides me a lot of energy.
4) Do you listen to music when you workout, and if so, what kind?
I cannot workout without music, especially on heavy sets. I need that adrenaline boost so I usually only listen to heavy stuff, mostly Metal and Hardcore.
5) On tour, how do you maintain a constant level of training and a healthy lifestyle?
I force myself to work out in the morning to start the day right and when there's no access to heavy weights I improvise and do a circuit with bodyweight exercises. I also try to avoid too much unhealthy food and I always try to get good macros (macronutrients) and good food in!
6) Do you have any sport / health / nutrition advice or tips to share with us?
Consistency is key. It takes a lot of work but you have to remember it is a long journey. You also need to keep an open mind since we're always learning new things every day. Motivation is not enough. You need discipline to keep you on track when motivation is off.
Remember where you were a few months ago and imagine where you will be in a few more!
7) What is your current news?
At the moment I’m recording new songs with Betraying The Martyrs and I can't wait to release these to the world! We are going to drop a single very soon (even though it's unreleased, we already played it live as a little gift on the Hellfest Warm Up Tour)... 2023 will be huge!